The Game Box
April 19, 2024, 05:31:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Not able to trust the good sense of the community

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not able to trust the good sense of the community  (Read 226 times)
Calandale
Mockingbird
Wyrd
Forum Malcontent

I mock you

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Search 500 Posts Karma Bad
« on: July 21, 2014, 12:49:10 pm »

This has happened a couple of times (well many - but only a couple within the wargame forum community)  with me,
so I thought I'd share. People who've attracted negative attitudes and the derision of those I respect (many of whom
are present here) - even in the face of that pre-determination by others, I feel that I need to make my own mind
up on them. But, you know what? It probably isn't necessary. There's a reason that I end up respecting someone -
they probably share traits that I value, including decent judgment. When an overwhelming majority realize that someone
is just a problem, it's likely that I'm not going to find a diamond in the pile of ****.

It's hard for me though - not because I'm inherently nice or believe in giving people extra chances - but
because I'm so damned stubborn about making up my own mind on things. I definitely see why social cliques
form though, and where the advantages lie.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

usrlocal
Magnificent Bastard
Forum Malcontent

Tony Clifton's love child

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Gallery Linux User Level 5
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:35:53 pm »

Case in point: In the past I too have decided to give a certain individual on BGG multiple chances. Took them off my bozo list on several occasions, tried to engage in civil discourse in some threads, etc. Each and every time this person has proved to be an utter a$$, much in line with his reputation, so eventually I gave up on him completely. Leopards can't change their spots.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: