The Game Box
April 20, 2024, 09:04:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Religion

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion  (Read 4355 times)
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
100 Posts Level 4 Karma Bad
« on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:17 pm »

Organized religion is the cause of 90% of the problems on this planet.

Personally Christianity was burnt with me when, in the mid 80's, I ran a game shop and they kept coming in telling my customers and their kids they were going to Hell for playing Dungeons & Dragons.

When I called the police to remove them from my property I was told there was nothing they could do, but if I lifted a hand to remove them that I would go to JAIL.

I lost my business, had to sell my game collection to pay off debts and went to work in a crap economy for $5 an hour to pay off the rest.

From that day on the live and let live doctrine I had practiced went out the window.

And the ultimate hypocrisy and payback? I lived in a state where you couldn't buy alcohol on Sunday because of religion. So a friend figured out how to get Sunday beer without driving to another state. He made a map of the surrounding area and of all the churches that had a cold water stream running behind them. He started watching and after church several guys would hang around and then go behind the church and pull cold 6-packs of beer out of the water that were held there by fish stringers.

So one Sunday we all went for a ride and sure enough we came up with a case of nice cold beer floating in the water. We relived them of their sin and sat in a stand of trees up from the church enjoying the cold refreshing beverage while guys ran along the stream clearing screaming 'God damnit!'.

I am against ALL organized religions, Christian or otherwise, because on an individual basis one can say what they want and believe what they want. But when these people gather into these organizations and infringe on my rights that is where the line is drawn.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:56:12 pm by pnpfanatic » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: