The Game Box
April 16, 2024, 12:41:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Religion

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion  (Read 4304 times)
rstites25
Forum Curious

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 50 Posts Poll Voter
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2014, 05:40:11 pm »

But an organization elected by the people that has the power to control your life is okay? Huh

You know, like a government. It's why Democracy doesn't work in the middle-east. They all believe it should be their way and their way only with no compromise. It's getting bad in the states but we haven't broke out in a shooting war...yet.

When a group comes together and breaks the law in front of law enforcement and law enforcement tells you there is nothing they can do but if you lift a hand to those breaking the law YOU will be arrested...that is bullshit...

It's all right here:

http://thegamebox.freesmfhosting.com/index.php/topic,115.msg1730.html#msg1730

There are many forms of government. My point is that a non-democratically elected body telling you what you can and cannot do is no different than a democratically elected body doing the same thing. It's a distinction without difference for the most part.

As far as your anecdote, I'm not sure how much of it I believe. Yes, you would have been arrested for battery had you physically removed someone from your store for something a person said. There's nothing surprising about that. If they were in your store bothering customers you generally should have been able to ask them to leave your private property for disturbing your customers. If I had to guess, I'd say the people causing the problems had left by the time the cops showed up, and that's why there was nothing to be done. Or the people were not in the store, but standing on the sidewalk, i.e. A public forum.

In any event the entire event seems rather dubious.

Do you think I would feel the way I do if it didn't go down the way I said?

In the store. Everyday. Preaching to customers. Told them to leave. They just got louder. Cops called. Show up. People in store still being disruptive on private property. Tells me nothing he can do. I go behind counter for my baseball bat and I am told if I touch them I will be arrested.

Exactly how it went down. Just like my business. This isn't church man. You don't have to 'believe' anything. I was there. Satanic Panic. Every store in the area closed. Schools confiscating books from kids. Book burnings. Not just RPGs. Magazines removed from stores. Music being destroyed.

Moral Majority - Pure unadulterated Facism.

But if the moral majority duly enacted the laws, it's okay right? That was your problem above, that it was an unelected body doing it. Once the moral majority takes over the political bodies of the state, and uses those institutions, seems like all is good under your post above.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: