The Game Box
April 20, 2024, 03:02:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Facing the unknown

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facing the unknown  (Read 842 times)
kira1y

Badges: (View All)
« on: July 25, 2014, 10:46:52 am »

In other words, when playing solo you have nothing but time. So pondering a move can take hours, days, weeks even.

One of the aspects that I really love about solo gaming. My games are set up in a fairly high traffic area in my house, so just walking by I'll stop and look over situations and start to think about what I want to do next. Of course this is of little help in the types of games we're discussing here, as no matter how long I look at them, or think about tgem, I'm still fairly lost.

There have been several games that I've set up for solo play that have sat on the table for a week or so only to be torn down with very little play actually happening. I just sit and look at the damned thing and don't know what to do. I'll make an initial move or two, reset everything, repeat the process, but just never get comfortable with what I'm trying to do. I suppose I could just play it through and see what happens but there are always other games calling for attention.

Sometimes once I've played the game against an opponent things will work themselves out, but a few of the games listed above still caused me issues even after playing. I was once playing Mr. Clifton in a game of Labyrinth and part way through the game we stopped and he asked, "Why aren't you trying to stop me?" Well, one, I didn't know what he was doing in the first place, and two, even if I did I'm not sure I would've known how to stop whatever the hell it was. That game just makes no sense to me at all, I'm at a total loss on how to even approach playing the thing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: