The Game Box
April 18, 2024, 05:34:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Joseph Miranda?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joseph Miranda?  (Read 2561 times)
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
100 Posts Level 4 Karma Bad
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:32:21 pm »

He really needs to cut way back or stop. I have stopped purchasing anything with his name on it and now Decision as well after they released Brian Train's Greek Civil War with Joe's broken ruleset (that he keeps shoe horning everything into) and didn't even tell Brian they were doing it (he released his original rules that had been corrected for the issue).

The battle that broke out over at CSW a little while back even brought Doc in saying that he is notorious for turning in too big of a design at the last minute and then they have to whack parts off to make it fit. (This has been going on since Nicaragua! - there's not enough counters to play the game and you are told to make more...now think about when that game was published)

I could do a blow by blow from my own shelves but needless to say I will not buy another thing with his name on it. His only moment of clarity has been 'Operation Anaconda' and that was excellent. But if you see the words 'Hyperwar' or 'Netwar' or that a game is using the system from Decision: Iraq I would steer clear of it...

And I mean the games are so broken that they are missing parts, rule sets to the wrong game (the release of 'Holy Land' is known out in the scene as 'Holy F***' - that was when he finally snapped on a customer on CSW and DG had to step in and cool things off).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: