The Game Box
March 28, 2024, 03:57:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Board Game bitc[i][/i]hes!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Board Game bitc[i][/i]hes!  (Read 5109 times)
desertfoxleo
Leo Z from BGG
Forum Curious

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2014, 09:54:25 am »

Just stumbled upon this place, when I wondered where Calandale had gone. So, yeah, seems like another cycle of disillusionment with BGG is on the upswing, and it seems like a lot of it has to do with the moderation, once again. I myself have never had any run-ins with the "law" over there, but it seems that almost everyone else has on one occasion or another. Thing is, it's not the moderation that's becoming a problem for me, it's the increasingly banal and repetitive postings. I will freely admit, though, that I'm not really helping to create what I'm looking for either - I'm more of the problem than the solution. You know what I'd really like? I'd like meaty posts that are more like articles in the old wargaming mags of yore - Fire & Movement, Moves, Strategy & Tactics, Panzerfaust & Campaign. Except, we'd all be writing these articles, and commenting on each other's articles.

I'm part of the problem, though, because it's been some time since I've attempted to write such a post/article, and yet I'm waiting around for someone else to do the heavy lifting, while I simply sit back and wait for interesting things to magically appear. I don't think I'm lazy per se, but the normal rigors of living leave me precious little energy (or time) to craft the kind of content I'm talking about. I suspect that it's much the same for everyone else, which is why our dialog in the BGG wargames subdomain seems to have devolved into little more than a wargame-flavored Chit-Chat den. So, I find more and more that I'm just clicking through page after page of inane comments and snarky retorts over there, finding little or nothing of substance.

Of course, I'm not sure things will necessarily be any different anywhere else, here included. I've only just arrived here, so I haven't had a chance yet to explore, but I'd have to think the same problem I described above will manifest here as well - the lack of time/energy to create really engaging content. Plus, I recognize that not everyone has the same expectations or desires for a forum. I might be looking for a place where I can read an endless stream of immersive wargaming commentary, but others might just be wanting to relax and shoot the breeze, without fear of heavy-handed moderation. That's fine, of course, but it simply means to me that this nirvana I seek may be unobtainable, regardless of venue. So be it. I may keep dropping back in here from time to time, though force of habit is strong with me, which means I will still spend time at BGG, even if I do continue to find that content is becoming more and more sparse.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: