The Game Box
April 18, 2024, 08:02:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

what are the best rules for modern LOGISTICS which you have used?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what are the best rules for modern LOGISTICS which you have used?  (Read 644 times)
LuckyDiceRolls
Forum Curious

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Gallery Level 4 50 Posts
« on: July 26, 2014, 07:53:02 am »

see, thats exactly what I am talking about... with rules that specific, wheres the 'fun' of playing?
too much specificity quickly burdens the game with overwhelming calculations which must be made and which add nothing to the enjoyment of the game

by the way, thank you very kindly for copying out all those rules for me.  I got a great idea of how it works in that game from the section you posted

however, I think those rules are crap.  pure crap.  one would need a secretary with good maths skills to be effective at that game

one cannot simultanteously conduct a fluid battle plan while making those kinds of calculations each turn

no, the scale of the logistics problem was all screwed up.  while its great to have trucks strung out along the routes, zipping back and forth with the needed supplies, one does not need to know exactly how many gas points, for example, each one of your combat units needs.  a rough guide to supplies and consumption would make the game flow much better, while still considering the importance of logistics.

what I had in mind for my own game was much simpler:  for each tank on the move, two supply trucks must be in constant rotation between supply depots and the front line.

this may be an oversimplification but it allows for supplies to be an integral part of the game without creating more homework to be done each turn

that is just the idea.  sure, you could make this much more complex but wheres the gaming fun in that?

now when it comes to the missiles, each missile type would need its own supply lines and trucks and each supply truck must be marked on the map each turn.  but theres no need to keep track of exactly how many missiles would be on the truck.  that would weigh the game down
Report Spam   Logged

Always be nice to animals
Animals have feelings just like we do

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: