The Game Box
April 19, 2024, 03:46:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Solo - and lots of little breaks

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo - and lots of little breaks  (Read 1608 times)
Rockhopper
Kevin
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
100 Posts Level 4 Topic Starter
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:10:07 pm »

Absolutely.  It takes me a week to finish a single GBoH or M&P scenario.  My solo games are set up in my little office off of our bedroom on the second floor, so its pretty secluded.  Unless they're all busy with their own things, I don't really like to isolate myself from the lovely bride and kids for long periods.  So, I just nab a turn or two when I can get up there.  I use my tweezers to point to the next step in the turn sequence or the next dude to activate.  I might go downstairs and grab a coffee, and never make it back up.

It's interesting that you say "dreaded" in regards to the "game day" because I can relate.  We have some really good friends that I enjoy hanging out and gaming with, but its really draining to be honest.  It's probably selfish, but most of the time I'd prefer just to solo something.  But then they get here, we have an absolute blast playing something like Battlestar Galactica, and all is well.

It's not all that different from going to the dentist.  I dread the build up to it, but once I'm in there it's not so bad.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: