The Game Box
April 18, 2024, 07:13:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Solo - and lots of little breaks

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo - and lots of little breaks  (Read 1604 times)
Sluggonics
Fancy Lad
Forum Malcontent

Tell you what, Smithers- have him beaten to a pulp

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
100 Posts Search Level 5
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 07:23:12 pm »

The breaks are nice.  I enjoy solo gaming because I can move at my own pace, and I can mess around with strategy, set-up, etc without feeling like I'm wasting anyone's time.  With face-to-face gaming, especially if it's multiplayer, you tend to feel a responsibility to not be the guy who's unprepared and wasting everyone's time, given how difficult it is to get multiple people together for several hours of gaming with all the different obligations of kids, wives, work, et al. 

However, I've been fortunate that those concerns usually end up totally unfounded (though I still have them at the start of each new game, of course) with my current game group, where nobody ever complains about somebody not knowing the rules or time wasting or anything like that.  It's a very social group, and everyone is very laid back.  We all realize we're there to drink and socialize as much as game, but it's well balanced, so we usually accomplish our gaming objectives.  Because I've also been at the opposite end of that spectrum, where the drinking and socializing starts to dominate, and suddenly you're herding cats to get people to pay attention to what's happening on the board.
Report Spam   Logged

Look out honey, 'cause I'm using technology!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: