The Game Box
March 28, 2024, 01:44:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Who are you? Why are you here?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are you? Why are you here?  (Read 4411 times)
usrlocal
Magnificent Bastard
Forum Malcontent

Tony Clifton's love child

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Gallery Linux User Level 5
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:01 pm »

add me to the list of calandale fans who had to come over and see what's up here.

I'm generally a lurker wherever i go (online and off), so I haven't had direct experience with bgg moderation, though most of the time i hear about someone being banned I can't really see why from what they've posted.

I've been playing games for about 8 years (after playing some back in high school). I came to wargames because I was interested in games with more complexity and breadth, not through an interest in history. I had gotten into Phil Eklund's games and that piqued my interest in games that simulate things, and wargames seemed like the next choice. SPQR was my first wargame. Then some other GBoH and MPBS. Then I heard about Here I Stand and Virgin Queen and COIN and others that deal with the economics and politics of war along with the warfare.

I'll just copy this for ease of use.
I noticed a link on BGG in Enrico's video list, looked it up and thought, hey what the hell let's join. I'm a relative newb when it comes to wargameing (hex 'n counter stuff) I played tons of warhammer but that's another thing entirely.

I recently got Blood & Roses, Wilderness War and Struggle for the Galactic Empire.

Welcome here! And don't forget to mention that you play a damned good game of 'Origins: How We Became Human'!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: