The Game Box
March 29, 2024, 05:07:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Who are you? Why are you here?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are you? Why are you here?  (Read 4425 times)
anarchy
Passive Aggressive Gamer
Forum Malcontent

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 100 Posts Signature
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:41:29 pm »

Oddly, I'm 44 as well (unless I've got my math wrong, which has been happening more and more). Started with D&D in 1977, found Ogre, Wizard and Melee in a local game store in Palm Springs, CA and got hooked. Played a ton of SFB, Battletech and Car Wars in high school.

I'm a closet wargamer. Mostly playing euros/ameritrash with my friends. Play some card games with family. Play miniatures with myself. Have a wargame buddy and we meet up about once a month to play whatever tickles our fancy (tactical to strategic, WW2 to ancients). Usually lighter fare.

I read and fondle wargames the rest of the month. Play some solo. I am a card carrying corner clipper.

I design computer games as my day job and do some stuff for VPG on the side.

I'm here because... well, crud, I dunno. I'm tired of over moderation on BGG (which is not that bad compared to RPG.net and Enworld.org -- you can't disagree with anyone on those sites without getting red texted). Every few months or years something sets me off and I get about *this* close to deleting my account there. I've stopped supporting them after 10 years because of the lack of consistent moderation policies and complete lack of care about user feedback. I get that they have to support several employees, but they way they give preference to advertisers annoys me as well. And Octavian needs to go.

I subscribe to Calandale's youtube channel and watch/listen during the day in the background as I work. I enjoy his posts and want to keep reading.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:30:20 pm by anarchy » Report Spam   Logged

Meh.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: