The Game Box
April 19, 2024, 04:29:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Who are you? Why are you here?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who are you? Why are you here?  (Read 4458 times)
Rockhopper
Kevin
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
100 Posts Level 4 Topic Starter
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 07:26:29 pm »

Hi, I'm Kevin, Rockhopper01 at the Geek. 42, married, two boys, and I'm a Fed.

I started with AD&D about 6th grade. Socially, I played mostly RPG's throughout the 80's, Star Frontiers, Gamma World, Twilight 2000, Traveller, GURPS. Loved Car Wars. I found some SPI/TSR wargames at the mall bookstore, Cobra and Air War were the big ones. I played the heck out of both solo, when I wasn't role playing with pals. My little brother and I made games for toys, like wargame rules for army men, and a pretty detailed racing game for Matchbox cars. I dabbled with some sports simulation rules too.

Joined the Marines, wargaming dropped out. Partied like a sailor for the first five years or so until I got bored and tired of drinking the whole paycheck. Got back into some RPG's, this time Shadowrun, Earthdawn, etc. I also really got into computer gaming in the late 90's, mostly flight sims, Civ 2. Got far too deep into Everquest.

After I got married and had kids, I traded computer games and cigarettes for mountain bikes and broken teeth. I might've had a shot at turning pro, but I was more lucky than any good. I raced for three years up and down California. We went to Germany for three years, and I got (and still am) hooked on pro Euro road cycling. Traded my mountain bikes for road bikes, shaved my legs, and don't crash as much.

Back to Cali, then to Indy. Moving to Indiana with a new job allowed me a bit of extra cash, and for some reason I googled "wargames" on a whim. I found BGG, bought a copy of Afrika II, and I was suddenly back to gaming.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: