The Game Box
March 29, 2024, 05:06:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Would You Like To Have A Political Forum?

Poll
Question: Would you like to have a place just to discuss the politics that are connected to conflicts going on around the world today?  (Voting closed: July 21, 2014, 06:33:15 pm)
Yes - 2 (22.2%)
No - 7 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would You Like To Have A Political Forum?  (Read 950 times)
Calandale
Mockingbird
Wyrd
Forum Malcontent

I mock you

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Search 500 Posts Karma Bad
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 02:42:18 pm »

Ok, last time, it's not a place for a ****ing contest. It's to post information about political situations affecting conflict. Since my focus is contemporary conflict I have found it is almost impossible to separate one from the other.

Seriously, I don't think "news" and "rant" can be separated on an open forum.  I can't count the number of threads on other forums I've seen locked because, despite frequent informative posts from folks on the ground in Ukraine, certain forumites couldn't control their urge to re-argue every ****ing contest of the last 200 years(*)

No one's locking anything. If people want a pissing contest, it happens.

If people want some sort of secret guild that even I won't look at, that too is fine - and they can
discuss it (and moderate it) as desired.

Report Spam   Logged
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
100 Posts Level 4 Karma Bad
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »

I understand what you guys are saying and I'm not saying it can't happen here. But remember this is an OPEN forum...no RSP for kicking each other in the balls. I thought at worst it would be like the TROLL KING thread and try to keep it all in one box rather than have it popping up like whack a mole and interrupting other threads. There is a political games section here and threads could be dropped right in there, but I don't really think that was the intended spirit of that area.

Brian Train's Ukrainian Crisis just got picked up by VPG so it is already a topic that's coming up.
Report Spam   Logged
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »

Would it be possible for me to block everything posted in it? 

I could create a user group access restriction.

This is what I was referring to. If it isn't something as visible and open as the rest of the forums it doesn't make sense.
Report Spam   Logged
anarchy
Passive Aggressive Gamer
Forum Malcontent

View Profile WWW
Level 5 100 Posts Signature
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 02:53:43 pm »

I think we should vote on it. Start with a little gerrymandering. Some bribery and corruption scandals to liven up the process. A fair bit of mudslinging and negative campaigning.

You know, the usual.
Report Spam   Logged

Meh.
Calandale
Mockingbird
Wyrd
Forum Malcontent

I mock you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 02:54:46 pm »

Would it be possible for me to block everything posted in it? 

I could create a user group access restriction.

This is what I was referring to. If it isn't something as visible and open as the rest of the forums it doesn't make sense.

My original meaning was to allow people who DIDN'T want to see it to be blocked out.
Report Spam   Logged
Calandale
Mockingbird
Wyrd
Forum Malcontent

I mock you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »

My general feeling is that these things can happen organically. If there's a lot of interest in them, it might make sense to dump
them into a special place. Just like if forum games become a big part of communications here.

So far, I'm not seeing any reason to be arsed about what doesn't even exist.
Report Spam   Logged
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 03:05:35 pm »

My general feeling is that these things can happen organically. If there's a lot of interest in them, it might make sense to dump
them into a special place. Just like if forum games become a big part of communications here.

So far, I'm not seeing any reason to be arsed about what doesn't even exist.

Ok, then let's get the party started.
Report Spam   Logged
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 09:15:24 pm »

And what the **** is with the 'bad karma' bullpoopie? I got a clean record I speak the truth and next thing I'm super ****?...Damn I gotta start living up to my rep...
Report Spam   Logged
Calandale
Mockingbird
Wyrd
Forum Malcontent

I mock you

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 09:43:44 pm »

And what the **** is with the 'bad karma' bull****? I got a clean record I speak the truth and next thing I'm super ****?...Damn I gotta start living up to my rep...

Karma is just another way to express ourselves.
Report Spam   Logged
The Grinch
WB PITA
Forum Curious

Soylent Green™ is made out of sheeple!

View Profile
Level 4 Signature 50 Posts
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 09:31:47 am »

Ok, last time, it's not a place for a ****ing contest. It's to post information about political situations affecting conflict. Since my focus is contemporary conflict I have found it is almost impossible to separate one from the other. The civil war in Angola is an example or Liberia which was basically if Hunter S. Thompson had started a war.

As for auto filtering it out don't even bother...I'll just post to military games and only have to keep up with one area.
I'd call it a "world events" or "world conflict" forum then.  Using the P-world just invites a poopiestorm. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Ba-a-a-ah!
pnpfanatic
Now 100% PnP
Forum Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 08:57:06 pm »

Ok, last time, it's not a place for a ****ing contest. It's to post information about political situations affecting conflict. Since my focus is contemporary conflict I have found it is almost impossible to separate one from the other. The civil war in Angola is an example or Liberia which was basically if Hunter S. Thompson had started a war.

As for auto filtering it out don't even bother...I'll just post to military games and only have to keep up with one area.
I'd call it a "world events" or "world conflict" forum then.  Using the P-world just invites a ****storm. Tongue

World Events sounds fine...no problem with that.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: