The Game Box
April 19, 2024, 09:08:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Would You Like To Have A Political Forum?

Poll
Question: Would you like to have a place just to discuss the politics that are connected to conflicts going on around the world today?  (Voting closed: July 21, 2014, 06:33:15 pm)
Yes - 2 (22.2%)
No - 7 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would You Like To Have A Political Forum?  (Read 968 times)
KevinR
Professional Rules Lawyer
Forum Curious

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Karma Bad
« on: July 18, 2014, 12:52:31 pm »

Ok, last time, it's not a place for a ****ing contest. It's to post information about political situations affecting conflict. Since my focus is contemporary conflict I have found it is almost impossible to separate one from the other.

Seriously, I don't think "news" and "rant" can be separated on an open forum.  I can't count the number of threads on other forums I've seen locked because, despite frequent informative posts from folks on the ground in Ukraine, certain forumites couldn't control their urge to re-argue every pissing contest of the last 200 years(*)

The one place where such a thread survived it was because a moderator was located in Ukraine, so they could post news to a *closed* thread.

(*) -- The Crimean War discussion spilled quickly into who screwed up in the various former Yugoslav states.  The Kyivan Rus discussion at least avoided modern politics (aside from Ukraine-Russia issues).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: