The Game Box
April 18, 2024, 09:04:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Breaking the Boundaries - operational or strategic game generating tactical ones

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking the Boundaries - operational or strategic game generating tactical ones  (Read 985 times)
Calandale
Mockingbird
Wyrd
Forum Malcontent

I mock you

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Search 500 Posts Karma Bad
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:45:08 am »

There were several types of these campaigns, but they all generally involved playing operationally on a map. When two forces met, the small portion of the map at that location was duplicated on a miniatures table. Where, of course, the battle took place.

This is the optimal, but requires tactical level maps for the whole campaign. I guess that would be easy with computer assistance.

A tactical design like Up Front would be the easiest to cope with this actually. But, I'm interested in choices of making the terrain work
for games with maps to maneuver on. That's what I want to see.

I suppose something like CWBS would provide a similar experience, but really only when playing the full, nine map 7 Days to allow for maneuver / concentration? The units there are brigades which would better allow for the tactical feel, but the scope there might be too small.

That does give a lot of room for broad strokes, but it still is a pretty limited campaign.

I want MOAR!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: