The Game Box
April 19, 2024, 09:27:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The new site is Running.
This one is closed.

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lurkers!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lurkers!!!  (Read 991 times)
Cazaril
Forum Curious

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 10 Posts Poll Voter
« on: July 23, 2014, 02:58:48 am »

Big time lurker here.  Why?

Who the hell knows.  There are such big egos on BGG that think they are so high and mighty that there way is the right way.  I recently saw a video on 2d6.org with UndeadViking (Lance) and Scott Nicholson.  Big names from a board gaming review perspective.  While Lance was elated and showed some sort of reverence, you could tell he was uncomfortable with some of Scott's "attitude" towards gaming.  Look, if you like something play the damn thing and forget about what other people think.  This is the one thing I have difficulty with and that I need to work on.  I need to adopt that "who gives a rats ass" attitude.  People tell me "wow, you are way too nice of a guy" - that's my problem.

Don't agree with these huge egos?  They will tell you to use the **** door.

I'm tired of that.  I'm tired of not being able to say what is on my mind and have some sort of sensible reply.  Instead I usually get:

1.  You must be on something or drunk.
2.  You must be ignorant.
3.  You are in the minority - so back off while the majority rules.

Enrico - I liked your videos from the start because it didn't conform to the rules.  It gave me hope that we all can have a say, even if I disagree with you.

FYI:  It's way past my bedtime - shouldn't post after a few whiskey's (note I didn't say "drunk") but there you go.

-Caz
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: